While some of these aims have been achieved through our hard work others are still being pursued in 2017. We continue to have very serious concerns for the future of cancer & other services
at Letterkenny University Hospital.
Donegal Action for Cancer Care
New Mission Statement & Aims as adopted at EGM on 23rd April 09
“Equal Access for Equal Need”
The primary aim of DACC is to ensure the people of Donegal have access to world class cancer services whilst ensuring the retention and development of all cancer services at Letterkenny General Hospital.
The Aims of DACC will come under the following headings:
To make available evidence-based information about cancer to the public and identified target groups, such as teenagers, men, etc.
To actively promote and support research into the causes and treatments of cancer.
We actively promote clinically-proven cancer prevention measures.
1. Breast Check Screening
2. Bowel Screening
3. Prostate Screening
4. Cervical Smears
DACC will actively campaign for the provision of the following at Letterkenny General Hospital
1. Satellite Radiation Unit
2. Consultant Radiation Oncologist
3. A second full time Urologist
4.A second full time Breast Surgeon
5. Lobby for equal access for all Donegal patients to a Lymphoedema Service
6. To utilise National Treatment Purchase Fund to treat Donegal patients at Letterkenny General Hospital
7. Colposcopy Service at LGH to be named as a designated centre
8. Satellite Prostate Rapid Access Clinic at Letterkenny Hospital.